Sunday, August 13, 2006

Revisiting a Past Life

I've created a new Flickr group called My Old Abandoned Home (as in, "The sun shines bright on..."), dedicated to linking old family photos of the subjects' respective position in present-day photos of the currently uninhabitable fire-trap of a house they were snapped in around forty years ago... Does that make sense?

In other words, "Here's a photo of my dad with a deer he bagged in 1962. Here's the same shot of the house today. See the difference? Taste the nostalgia? Feel the slow, strained passage of time sucking your ass into the quicksand of oblivion?"

Take a look, lemme know what you think. If it strikes you as interesting, thanks. If you think I'm just nuts and obsessing over my childhood, your probably right, and, by the way, fuck you, fuck you very much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home