Sunday, December 04, 2005

I Fucking Hate Time Warner

We've had digital cable and Internet services through Time Warner for a few years now, and I have to be honest: I fucking hate Time Warner. They charge an assload of money for services that other providers offer for far less and their customer service (specifically Road Runner tech support) sucks major ass, contrary to what they would have potential customers believe. One of the things that has chapped my ass about them for awhile is that they now offer new customers Internet service at half price for six months, while those of us who have been supporting their greedy asses for years and never got a promotional break in the beginning of our service get nothing. They won't throw us a bone, and they sure as hell don't give reacharounds while they're fucking us.

Then there are the channels that go black or mysteriously change programming with no advance warning and no explanation. They recently started carrying Current TV in the digital lineup, and though rather repetitive, I've come to like the diverse programming Current has to offer. Then yesterday, poof! it's gone, replaced with some infomercial network running an hour-long ad for some lame-ass teeth whitening product. I checked again today, and the same network was in Current's place showing a commercial for hair loss remedies.

I checked Current's web site to see if there were announced outages, and as I suspected, they showed no interruption of service. I then tried to check if Time Warner site had any announcements, and not only did they have nothing to explain the situation, when I tried to use their "live chat with a pompous service agent" link, I got a server error. When I tried to then go to the "contact us" link to find other options, I got the same server error. I gave up.

Oh, and to add insult to injury, just this morning before all this happened, Sharon informed me that Time Warner had raised the cost of service yet again. That's right, we're paying more for less. This is nothing new with Time Warner, so why am I so worked up about it?

All I can say is what I've said for nearly three years: When Grande finally makes it to our neighborhood, I'm gonna bail. That is, when Time Warner and the City of Austin quit blowing each other and let Grande expand into other areas in Austin, I'm leaving the dark side.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

After years of suffering unbelievably poor customer service from Time Warner Cable in Austin, Texas, an incident finally caused me to snap.

Read my story at: www.timewarneraustinsucks.com

P.S. I love your graphic - may I have your permission to use it on my website?

2/07/2006 01:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home